Friday, June 5, 2009

When we were young..

When I was in school I thought being 22 or “graduating” was something so far away, so unreachable. People seemed older (or acted that way) and I felt left behind, wondering when I‘d reach that stage. Little did I know...

Growing up is hard, very hard. I mean how much are we expected to take as teenagers?? As if the gawkiness or the embarrassing braces were not enough, we had to deal with the fact that we could actually start reasoning out things (most of the time , for the heck of reasoning) yet do nothing about them because we were not “old enough”. Hmph!

Now, having almost reached 22, and dealt with 4 years (I still go “four years?!!” ) of Engineering, I really don’t know how I got here. Why did being a “big” girl seem like a faraway thing? And why is it that making decisions these days is a scary affair? I cant even imagine moving out and managing house! I know I can handle it pretty OK but it all seems like too much too soon! Its at times like these that I feel like hitting myself for wanting to grow up. Life was great @ 8, when I’d run around the lawn and lie on the grass all day, or play pretend with amma’s dupatta and hand-bag, or get home and watch Scooby-do after school! Life was so un-complicated, and sleep came almost instantly.. sigh..

Guess the world just gets colder as we get older...

And now , for something I had promised ..

Carrot Points - two months of doing nothing! Wont get this time again.. Yadaaaa!

Rotten Carrots - the fact that I'm leaving in two months :( :(




No comments: